Monday, June 6, 2016

Nat Solomon's Artist Statement

Hi Fans,
I am happy to say that I have just got around to creating an artist statement which talks about myself and my work.
I hope you enjoy this piece. Feel free to comment.

About Nat Solomon’s Paintings
515 Lawrence Road, West Hempstead, NY 11552. 516-606-8381
Email:nemysolomon@hotmail.com website: www.natsolomon.com, www.natsolomonsorginalart.com.
   I am an artist who likes to do different Genres of paintings!  I do not like to make 12 paintings of the same subject.  I have been dealing with 6 different themes over the course of my art career.  These themes are Celebrity Sports figures, Pop Music Figures, Politicians, Nautical Art, Abstract Art, and Seascapes.
I have spent a considerable amount of time in the sports art categories. I have done painting of many sports celebrities. Some of the famous names include LeBron James, Peyton Manning, The Yankee five painting, and Mariano Rivera.
  Nat Solomon loves to play sports. He grew up playing baseball, football, hockey and basketball in the local park as a young person.  His favorite sports is Hockey, and his second favorite sport is football.  Not only does Nat Solomon love to play sports, he is also a big fan of Professional Sports such as the Yankees, Jets, and Montreal Canadiens.  Nat Solomon’s Art has recently taken the direction of creating portraits of the most successful and champion athletes of current sports. 
I frequently am fascinated by the celebrity life of Professional Famous Sports Figures, Music Pop Stars, and Politicians, especially the ones who run for President. My latest paintings evoke responses in a serious way. I find many people in the social media respond either with great praise or great disdain for my work.  I feel that my paintings connect deeply with the soul of the people who are being painted. In painting the
About Nat Solomon’s Paintings (continued)
music world I did a portrait of Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and Beyoncé. I feel that these artist project a kind of magnetic attraction.
I find it interesting that a significant body of work is considered 15 to 20 pieces. When I look at other artist work and I see 12 paintings of the same picket fence I often wonder why any artist would do so many paintings that look the same. What did the artist want me to learn by making each painting so similar? In my own work I prefer to paint two pictures on one theme, and then move on to another Genre. This approach keeps the art fresh in my mind and maintains energy in each one of my paintings.
Another Genre I like to do is Nautical Art. One of my paintings which I call Nat’s Luxury Boat has viewed over 375,000 times.
It is a 16 x 20 inch painting with a mix of Magic Marker, Acrylic paint and Mixed Media. I have painted 4 different sized boat including one called Nat’s Sailboat.  My Nat’s Sailboat painting is a combination of Charcoal and Acrylic paint. The paintings evoke moods and memories of special times in a person’s life.
I have been painting for the last 25 years and plan to keep producing many more pieces for as long as I am able. I am married 25 years with two children ages 22 and 24. Paintings open up my inner flow and give me a tremendous feeling of light and energy. I started my painting interest as an abstractionist and have moved closer to a more semi-abstract approach in the last few years.
                                       Blog: Nat34.blogspot.com,
Etsy site: www.nat34.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment